Friday, August 20, 2010

'Friend' trying to break up boyfriend and I?

This girl, who used to be my best friend was pissed when my boyfriend and I got together because she claimed to be in love with him. It鈥檚 been over 4 months since then and she keeps dropping comments to him about how they should be together and how he and I will never work out. But she鈥檚 all smiley and friendly to me and I wonder how she can even look me in the face anymore knowing what she鈥檚 been doing behind my back. It鈥檚 been difficult because the two of them are friends as well. I don鈥檛 know what to do, but I do know I can鈥檛 forgive her. Help?'Friend' trying to break up boyfriend and I?
Sounds like this old friend is jealous of you going out with this guy.


I think I've seen this kind of friendship before...remember Betty and Veronica ? Veronica was always friends with Betty...as long as Betty didn't have something or someone she wanted. Since her Dad was well off, well, she usually got everything she wanted. Could this friend/past friend be like this as well? Does she usually get everything she sets her eyes on. Seriously it's like you're Betty and she's Veronica?? Of course only you can answer this.


My advice is that you, yes you, BE CONFIDENT. Time to assert yourself and have two little talks. First with your Veronica friend. Let her know that YOU are the one going out with this Archie guy. If she doesn't like it...tuff. Explain very politely that this is just the way it is. Try not to be emotional about it. I'm serious. You have you're feelings to think about, she'll deal with hers. If you are confident (without being a *****) she'll just have to understand.


Second talk should be to this Archie guy. Express your feelings to him. But for your own sake, be confident. This way, he will be more likely to listen. If you really like him, then say so. I really like you. I like our relationship. Unfortunately there is someone in the way of our relationship...her name is Veronica... (sorry couldn't help the name thing).


Try and never say the word YOU when you are trying to make a point. S'pecially to a guy. Men or guys (young Archie's) see a finger pointing directly at them when you say YOU. Get it?


They will automatically defend themselves and not hear what you are trying to say.


So, this is yourself that you need to talk about. Your feelings. How you see things.


Example... I really like you, I like our relationship, I like the way you ..blah, blah (hey, he's not my guy, I'm been married for almost 20 years, lol) I'm having a great time. I feel that Veronica is in the way. I don't like it.


There's not much you can do about her feelings whether you want to or not. She must figure those out for herself.


Good luck, and if he doesn't except your talk (then he just wasn't worth it and maybe he's better suited for someone else,( even unfortunately for you, maybe this Veronica chick)


Sorry, love or like stinks sometimes, but you'll be better off for later on.'Friend' trying to break up boyfriend and I?
Confront her alone some day and tell her. She shouldn't be dropping hints that she and him should be together when she's your ';friend';. She should be happy for you, not trying to break you guys up. And she sounds a little stuck- up, looking you in the face and smiling when she's doing all this behind your back. Talk to her, and tell her exactly how you feel.
I was in that situation my bf ended up leaving me for her. He took a part in it too. If he decides to leave you for her then so be it. THeir will be others. Oh did you know she was in love with him if you did your gonna get karma. She's hurt talk to her. If that doesn't work then she's not worthy of being called yoru friend and just ignore her don't pay too much attention to her.
Yeah I would definitely call her out on this. She might not even know its wrong (Some people just dont know right or wrong). And that is definitely wrong and she definitely needs to hear that from you.





Call her out and see what happens because whatever does happen friends dont do stuff like that.
Talk to your boyfriend about this, and this is not a true friend sorry to say this but friends don't do that.
you need to call her out one it because shes not a good friend if shes trying to take your boyfriend.
Ok I can relate I know what you are going through and it is hard to decide what to do but when I was in this situation I just walked up to her and started asking her why she doesn't want us to be together and that I understood that she liked him but she just wasn't being a true friend to me and that was not right no matter what and that she needed to back off and if she was a true friend she would respect me and my boyfriend to be together and that would be the end of the discussion and then if she continued we wouldn't be friends. So that is what you need to tell your 'friend' because what she is doing is not fair to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment